You, the newly ascended one, have been chosen to lead a race to
enlightenment. You will influence the people of the race, drive them
to reproduce and progress, and eventually send them to the stars.
Along the way, they must face every challenge, both from within and
without, until they achieve the highest technologies possible, and
choose to join you among the ranks of the ascended.
Do you have what it takes to turn these pathetic beings into
A proud race, with bonuses for smooth government at the cost of
- +10 Culture
- -5 Reproduction
- -5 Technology
Creatures with a desire to hurt and kill, great conquerors.
Tinkerers to the extreme, yet hardly courageous.
Adorers of the great god of fire, destined to purify the
Telepaths able to work together for the good of the race.
Creatures that defeat all odds by reproduction and mutation.
Grow your population and increase your economy and technology. Just
letting your people be may be enough to increase in all areas.
You can influence your people with the manna you earn from piety. With
lots of manna, you can have a huge influence.
With greater population, technology, and economy, problems are
introduced to your people. You should be ready to overcome them all with
Your race will face the mortal challenges all races face.
- Death. No one lives forever. When your people die, their experience,
knowledge, and attributes die with them. You can increase the lifespan
of your race, but you cannot bring the dead back to life.
- Corruption. All is well and good while your people choose to work
with each other. When they become selfish and refuse to cooperate, bad
- Starvation. You need to make sure your people do not grow so quickly
they cannot feed themselves. If you must choose between killing off
your own people and letting starvation do it, the former may be a
- Government. As your people grow to become more sophisticated, they
will establish governments to rule themselves. Not all governments are
good, and in fact, can be quite bad. When governments grow corrupt,
all sorts of problems enter your society, the worst of which is
- Technology. Technology can help move your people towards the
ultimate goal. Or it can introduce weapons that will destroy the moral
fabric of your society, and maybe start wars with unprecedented,
As your race expands, they may run into other races. The inevitable
result is either war or trade. Be careful: your people may be
assimilated into the other race, and you'll be left with no one to play
- Your population, as well as your age distribution, is the core asset
you have. When this reaches 0, your race is extinct. Larger populations
require larger economies to sustain themselves. If the economy isn't
enough, starvation and disease will plague your people.
- This is a number between 0 and 100 that describes your society's
morality. When it is high, people cooperate and love one another. When
it is low, they'd rather stab each other in the back. Keep this high for
obvious reasons, but don't be surprised if you keep it too high and get
walked over the first time you meet a less virtuous society.
- This reflects the economic output of your people. Your people need
the basic economic necessities such as food. Increase your economy to
create surplus wealth that can be used to improve your virtue or
technology. Too much economy can also lead to corruption.
- As your economy increases, some of your people will devote
themselves to changing the rules of the economic game. Increased
technology allows your race to spread out and up to the stars. It makes
each person more productive. It will eventually unlock the keys to
immortality and ascension for your people. Technology also increases the
potential for devastation, so with higher technology, virtue must be
kept above a certain minimum.
- The level of goverment reflects how large the government is. With no
government, the economy and technology and virtue is severely limited.
With appropriate levels of government, things are maintained and managed
rather well. Too much government, and it becomes a beast unto
- The people's devotion to you as their god can be translated into
action. Make sure your people do not become irreligious or too
religious. Extremes are not good.
- The race you lead has a set of attributes that do not tend to change
very quickly.. These are detailed below.
- Bonuses / Penalties
- Your race will take on bonuses and penalties. Some of them are temporary, but some
of them are permanent. These may affect the resources and attributes of
Rules are applied as follows. After each turn:
- Death from Natural Causes
- Your people grow old and die. They are more likely to die the older
they get. This is based on their age factor.
- Death from Unnatural Causes
- Wars, disease, famine, and corruption lead to deaths.
- Depending on the arrangements of your race, a certain number of new
people will be born. Various factors change the birth rate, mostly due
to people's choices.
Bonuses / Penalties